Features and advantages of the OVH Public Cloud
Guaranteed CPU, RAM, bandwidth and no hardware management. These are just some of the advantages that make the OVH Public Cloud stand out.
Based on open-source software technology, the OVH Public Cloud is distinguished by its features that offer extreme flexibility. You access these features through an intuitive customer interface or via an API, allowing everyone to enjoy all the benefits of the Cloud, whatever the nature of their project.
A scalable infrastructure with no hidden costs
Our servers are delivered in a few seconds and charged by the hour. Whether or not your application is "Cloud Ready", you can adapt the power of each machine to suit your needs.
- Launch several machines in one click.
- Got a peak load? Increase the power of your "Flex" instances then return to nominal power without having to reinstall.
Take snapshots of your servers in a few clicks or via the API in order to back up your environments or speed up your developments.
- You can also snapshot your additional disks.
- You only pay for storage space.
Simple billing and usage alerts
You get a monthly invoice for each of your projects which includes your usage (servers by the hour, additional disks per GB) and servers that you pay for monthly (50% less expensive than paying by the hour).
- Keep your project budget under control with usage alerts.
- You can credit a project in advance (credit card, check, money order...).
The power of the OVH network
250 or 500 Mbps, with anti-DDoS protection
Internet bandwidth is guaranteed as is your private network interface, with no traffic limit.
- OVH anti-DDoS protection is included.
- OVH does not charge you for your server or disk network traffic.
Additional IPs with no monthly fees
Add up to 256 IPs per server in addition to the free IP included and move them from server to server in a few seconds.
- You only pay setup fees for additional IPs ($3.00 plus tax). There are no monthly fees after this, as long as the IP is allocated to an OVH machine.
Private networks spanning continents
Create several private networks to secure and speed up exchanges between your virtual servers within the vRack.
- Your machines communicate between different datacenters, from one end of the world to another. And there is also the possibility of creating several vLANs!
Also offered with your cloud instances
Add one or more disks to complement the storage space already included. Increase their GB size whenever you need.
- Triple data replication and two series of disks: better price or better read/write performances.
- These disks can be used as boot disks.
Management per project
Organize your resources (servers, disks) and give several users access in read-only or read/write mode.
- You can also provide your teams with direct access to the OpenStack tools (CLI, API…).
Ready-to-use, custom distributions
Install more than 15 Linux and FreeBSD distributions, or Windows operating systems. Import your images (numerous, well-known public or private cloud formats).
- Our images are compatible with cloud-init for automating your software deployments.
Access the OpenStack API and take advantage of the many compatible tools and open-source and proprietary projects.
- A "vanilla" version of the Horizon OpenStack web application is provided to give you the experience of your own OpenStack private cloud
Order your cloud instances now
Our Public Cloud is compatible with other OVH solutions such as IP Loadbalancing, the CDN...See our use cases