VMware ESXi 6.0
ESXi is the well-known VMware hypervisor (also know as vSphere Hypervisor). It's a bare-metal operating system.
OVH.com offers a ready to use operating system, that can be managed with vSphere Client which is available for Windows free of charge.
ESXI is ideal for creating projects on one or more servers. It's very simple to upgrade to an advanced version of vSphere in order to gain centralized tools (vCenter) like migration, load balancing, high availability and backup.
OVH offers 3 different versions of ESXi included in vSphere.
- Version 5.0 (free) up to 32 GB RAM ;
- Version 5.5, free and no RAM limitations.
- Version 6.0, which has several improvements (detailed below)
Some new features in ESXi 6.0:
- Increased performance
- Increased limits (up to 1024 VMs per host, up to 128 vCPU per VM)
- Addition of pilots for latest generation hardware
Learn more about ESXi 6.0
Easy to use
Specifications and technical details
Access to a server