What is anti-DDoS protection?
Keep your server, service or infrastructure accessible
As the volume of data that exists on the internet grows exponentially, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks are becoming increasingly common.
A DDoS attack aims to make a server, service or infrastructure unavailable. An attack can take on different forms. It may saturate the server’s bandwidth to make it unreachable, or it may overwhelm the machine’s system resources, stopping it from responding to legitimate traffic.
During a DDoS attack, requests are sent in high numbers at the same time from multiple points on the internet. The intensity of this”crossfire “ renders the service unstable, and sometimes unavailable.
OVH created the anti-DDoS solution precisely to fight against these distributed denial-of-service attacks. With all of our services, we include a migration solution based on a unique technology, which combines three technologies to:
- analyze data packets quickly in real-time
- divert your server’s incoming traffic
- separate non-legitimate requests from others and let legitimate traffic pass through
The progression of a DDoS attack
- The server is operational. It sends and receives packets normally.
- A DDoS attack starts in different ways — it may overload the bandwidth, or overwhelm the system resources.
- The network becomes overloaded, and the server is then unable to process legitimate packets among the mass of incoming data.