OVH VPS operating systems
Operating systems for all purposes
Operating systems and web control panels for your OVH VPS
- Debian 7
- Debian 8
- Ubuntu 14.04 Server
- Ubuntu 15.04 Server
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 7
- Arch Linux
- Kubuntu 14.04 Desktop
- Windows 2012 R2 std (Cloud range only)
- OVH Release 3
- Joomla (Debian 8)
- WordPress (Debian 8)
- Drupal (Debian 8)
- PrestaShop (Debian 8)
- Plesk 12 CentOS / Plesk 12 Ubuntu / Windows 2012 Plesk (soon) Web Admin License (limited to 10 domains) : Free with VPS Cloud, $2.79/month on VPS SSD. Web Pro Licence (limited to 30 domains): $6.29/month Web Host Licence (unlimited number of domains): $19.59/month
- Cpanel 11 Licence (unlimited domains): $13.99/month
- Cozy (Debian 8)
- Docker (Ubuntu 14.04)
- Docker (Ubuntu 15.04)
- LAMP (Debian 8)
- Ruby (coming soon)
- The main command-line-only operating systems optimized by OVH
- Pre-installed control panels for deploying, managing and monitoring infrastructures;
- Optional (Windows) and included (Plesk) licenses on the Cloud range;
Bare Operating systems boosted for the web
The OVH virtual private servers are available with operating systems and distributions that have largely been optimized by our teams for the web.
- Customized to improve the deployment time and stability of web services
- Secured to reduce the risk of exposure to attacks
- Pre-configured to improve the performance of critical services
The Cloud range also gives you access to a Windows installation available as an option.
CMS and a turn-key e-commerce solution
The OVH VPS can also be delivered with pre-installed web applications, optimized in collaboration with SMILE.
- The latest version of the most popular applications in a web-optimized Debian 7 environment
- Direct access to the Control Panel, FTP and phpMyAdmin so you can customize your websites as soon as your server is installed
Comprehensive development environments
You get root (admin) access to your VPS so you can host any type of application on it (JAVA, Ruby on Rails, Python, etc.).
To make deploying your development platforms even faster, the OVH teams provide you with comprehensive optimized stacks for the most popular environments. LAMP is already offered, and more environments, such as Python and Ruby, will follow soon.