Guide for changing the owner of a .uk domain name
This guide contains different information to do with changing or correcting the owner of a .uk domain name or equivalent.
To change the ownder of a .uk domain name or similar, make sure that it meets the following prerequisites:
- Your domain must not be suspended
- Your domain must not be involved with any ongoing disputes with Nominet
- Your domain must not be blocked by OVH
- You must have access to the domain name owner's email address.
Access to the registry's control panel
Connection to Nominet
Example 1 - You have a Nominet account
Example 2 - You do not have a Nominet account
- You will then get an email to this address with the link letting your set a password.
The link sent in the email is only valid for 24 hours
- You then have to choose who will make the payment (the current, or future owner).
- You also have to tick the box to confirm that you are the current owner, and that you wish to change the owner, then click on "PROCEED TO INVOICE ADDRESS.
- Next enter the name which appears in the bill, as well as the email address where it will be sent to.
- Following this an email will be sent to the new owner's email address so that they can accept the procedure, within 5 days.
- The owner will also be able to request a transfer to another registrar when they validate the procedure, at no extra cost.
Correcting spelling mistakes in the owner's name
Fill in the boxes below:
- Registrant: Enter the correct name of the owner
- Tick the box to confirm that the information entered is correct.
- Registrant type: The legal form
- Whois service: Tick this box if you want to hide your personal details in the domain's whois
- You can update the owner's name to correct spelling mistakes or errors. However you cannot change the owner using this procedure.
- Your corrections will then be examined by a Nominet member of staff.