SoAPI closing soon
At the beginning of 2016 we will start to gradually close down the SoAPI service. We recommend that you start migrating your SoAPI calls to their equivalents in APIv6.
To assist you with this migration a table of equivalents is available at the following address https://www.ovh.com/fr/soapi-to-apiv6-migration/.
You can also discuss this issue with the OVH community following this link: https://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?10812-SoAPI-closing-soon.
You will find below the different sections' dates of closure:
|Group||Date of Closure|
What is SoAPI ?
SoAPI is a webservice that lets you buy and configure OVH products without needing to connect to Manager web interface. With the WSDL technology, you use OVH methods remotely in scripts of few lines only, with your favorite programming language.
Examples of software made with SoAPI ?
What are the advantages of SoAPI ?
- Quick developement of scripts with WSDL technology and the code generator;
- Do several operations at once;
- Automating and planing tasks;
- Create your own management interface.
Which languages is SoAPI compatible with ?
Our webservice has been tested with these languages/packages :
- PHP : PHP5 SOAP Extension, PEAR SOAP and NuSOAP
- Perl : SOAP::Lite
- Python : SOAPpy
- C and C++ : gSOAP and Axis2
- C# : .Net Framework
- Ruby : SOAP::WSDLDriver
- Java : Axis2
How to upgrade to the last WSDL version ?
WSDL versionning introduced to keep backward compatibility with your existing code (in particular for programming languages nuSOAP and Ruby)..
Which methods are available ?
SoAPI actually handle 663 methods, separated in 21 groups :
- account : Manage your loyalty/reseller account
- billing : Manage bills/invoices and all billing related stuff
- dedicated : Manage your dedicated servers
- domains : Manage your domain names
- emails : Manage your emails
- hosting : Manage your hostings
- infrastructure : Infrastructure
- managedServices : Manage your dedicated servers
- misc : Miscellaneous methods
- nic : Nic handle management
- notepad : Notepad utility
- order : Order methods using your loyalty/reseller account
- prepaid DEPRECATED : Old prepaid account management
- reseller : Loyalty/Reseller account management
- rps : Manage your rps servers
- service : Manage your services and group of services
- session : Session management
- sqlprive : Manage your sqlprive
- support : Support contact
- telephony : Telephony management
- ticket : Support contact